Thursday, September 07, 2006

We Interrupt This Blogfast...

Why has no one ever told me about Steve Farrar (I didn't know it was a blog when I went to check it out)? This guy is saying (and has said for years, it turns out) most of the things I think need said during the first half of my series on the family--and most of it is in one place--his book Point Man.

The guys in our Basic Training class read portions of this book last year. I just pulled it off of the shelf this evening, and was blown away. Great stuff!

2 comments:

Sorry not to have mentioned it in one of our bibliophile conversations. I read Point Man years ago - and have recommended it to a number of guys (if only they would read it).

I couldn't put it down!

I started it after a meeting on Thursday night and had it finished by 1pm on Friday (and I slept that night, too!).

Good stuff. That is one going on my "all guys must read" list.