Saturday, April 25, 2009

Let the Fun Begin (Again)!


It's spring, when a younger pastor's thoughts turn to...classes?

Good news! I've been accepted into the Westminster Theological Seminary's doctor of ministry program with an emphasis on pastoral counseling.

This is actually the second round of classes offered by CCEF. This time, however, it's actually for credit and will be applied to an actual doctoral degree (assuming I actually finish).

The classes are August 17-28, offered in intense modules (classes run from 9am-9pm for 10 days!). I get to sit again under David Powlison (Dynamics of Biblical Change, Theology and Secular Psychology), Ed Welch (Methods of Biblical Change, Human Personality), Mike Emlet (Video Observation) and Tim Lane/Winston Smith (Counseling Practicum).

Can't wait!

You might notice that the pile of books this year is smaller than last year. I'm thankful for that. I'm also thankful that I've already read more than half of the things we're assigned to read.

But there's still plenty of work to be done, including several pre-course papers.

So, as usual, I'd appreciate your prayers.

0 comments: