Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Queen's Thief Series by Megan Whalen Turner

Heather and I have discovered a new writer and new series of novels to enjoy.

The writer is Megan Whalen Turner [You can read her bio on her website.]

The series is called "The Queen's Thief," and it has 3 books in it so far:

The Thief

 

  

  
The books are very well written.  Suspenseful, action-packed, and most of all, surprising.  Mrs. Turner knows how to weave a tale!  

Just when you think you know what's going on, she flips the whole thing around for a new perspective--and a whole other tale.  Very enjoyable.

Supposedly, the books are "Juvenile Fiction," so call me "juvenile!"  I loved them. And my not so juvenile wife does, too.  In fact, she was the first to read one and recommend them to me.  When I had burned through the first three, I re-read the third out-loud to her.

I've found them hard to describe.  They are part fantasy, part parable, part caper, and wholly fun.

We were excited to find out that there is another due out in May:

A Conspiracy of Kings















We can't hardly wait.

0 comments: