Monday, October 14, 2013

Marci Ferrell on Resisting Gossip

Marci Ferrell pens a helpful post on "How to Resist Gossip" at Visionary Womanhood:

This is an area of struggle for me, and the Lord continues to convict and challenge me in this sinful area of my walk with Him.  I desire to talk in a way that is pleasing to Him, and sharing information about others that is unkind or unnecessary is not very honoring to the Lord or very loving towards others. 
She has read Resisting Gossip and draws out some quotes and principles from the book that she casts in her own winsome words and then concludes:
We cannot take our words back once they have left our mouths, and James reminds us our tongue is like a fire that can set a forest ablaze (James 3:5-6).  We need to carefully choose our words and not just blurt out everything we think or feel.  May we seek the Lord for His wisdom and grace in our speech.
When we ask the Lord to guard our mouths we don’t have to live with the regret of poorly chosen words that may have caused irreversible damage to others. Pray and ask the Lord to help us be women who speak words that give life to others.  May our words be kind and encouraging.  May they truly reflect the work of the Lord Jesus in our hearts.
“Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O -Lord, my rock and my redeemer.” ~Psalm 19:14
Amen!

For more Marci Ferrell, check out her blog: Thankful Homemaker.

0 comments: