Tuesday, September 04, 2018

Stored Up Goodness: 2018 Prayer Retreat

What a privilege it is to be a pastor and to be trusted with the prayer requests of the flock!

Today is my annual prayer retreat where I try to get away and pray for every name in our church directory and lift up specific requests given me by people in our congregation.

So on my morning walk in Mr. Penn’s beautiful woods, before it got super hot, I read each card and lifted them up to the Lord, asking Him to be the answer to each of their heavy problems. I don’t know how the Lord might use my prayers this year, but I am trusting His wisdom, power, and love.

Thank you, Lanse Free Church, for giving me a front row seat to see our Lord work out His perfect plan for you.





“How great is your goodness, which you have stored up for those who fear you, 
which you bestow in the sight of men on those who take refuge in you.”
- Psalm 31:19, NIV84



***


[And if you wonder why I would tell you that I'm a prayer retreat (good reasons and bad), read this report from a few years back.]

0 comments: