Wednesday, May 08, 2019

From Opponent to Proponent: How my mind changed about requiring premillennialism in the EFCA

Next month, our association of churches will be making a decision together about changing one word in our statement of faith.

I have written a short paper about how my thinking has changed on this idea over the years. I've gone from having strong concerns to being an advocate for the change.

I'm hoping that my story is helpful for those who are processing the discussion in their own minds.

If that sounds interesting to you, you can download it from my Dropbox: From Opponent to Proponent: How my mind changed about requiring premillennialism in the EFCA.

[Note: Dropbox may ask you if you want to open an account before showing you the file. You don't have to do that. Just click "No, go directly to view."]

1 comments:

Truly appreciate you documenting your journey, Pa. Matt AND the links to further resources for more in-depth study!

With regard to the "next thing" that you believe "isn't" just sharing one comment/interaction. Back in my time at the EFCA office in Minneapolis, Dr. Hamel shared with me his thought that at some point in the EFCA's future, the discussion of revising the leaning of females (women) in church leadership roles would be brought forward for review. He also mentioned that in his opinion, Dr. A. T. Olson shared the view women should also be allowed to be leaders in the church pulpits.

It will be interesting to see what happens over time.

Awaiting His return,
Donna