Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Narnian Notions

The movie version of the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe comes out this weekend. Heather and I are hoping to go see it with some friends.

It will not be as good as the book. It can't be. The book excites the imagination and describes ineffable realities. But that doesn't mean it won't be good. And I hear it's going to be really good (go here for a 9-minute "super-trailer").

There is a lot of "buzz" about this movie among Christians. Some helpful things I read can be found in the current issue of Reformation21 and the special section at ChristianityToday.com.

My pastor buddy, Dan Ledford, is using the occasion of the movie to highlight the Christian themes of the book in his Advent series of sermons. Sermon #1 is up already. More to come. (Note: I know for a fact that Dan is not writing these sermons for any financial reward from Disney. Of course, you say, that would be crazy, but see this news article.)

2 comments:

Did you see the narnia movie yet? I did see it last night...

It was not as good as the book...but it had it's moments

Mr B,

Yes, I saw it last night, too. I have a quick review in my mind that I might post today, if I have time, but I probably won't because of needing to write my sermon.

I agree with you on both of your points, not as good as the book, but had it's moments.

Thanks for visiting!

-Matt