Thursday, August 24, 2006

Book Tag

I've been "tagged" by Byron Harvey to answer these 10 questions about books:

1. One book that changed your life:

Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis. I can still remember finding in on my grandparent's coffee table, not knowing what it was, and picking it up to read. "Uh, Grandma, can I take this home with me?" I didn't put it down for days, and that, only when I had read it all the way through. It came at just the right moment in my teenage angst and breathed grace into my life so that I became a true follower of Christ. The warm tone, the clear-headed apologetics, the clarion ring of Christian truth--I've come back to it many times.

2. One book that you've read more than once:

All of the Lord Peter Wimsey mystery novels by Dorothy L. Sayers. Regular readers of my blog will know about our love for these.

3. One book you'd want on a desert island:

Robinson Crusoe?

Is this after the Bible? After the Bible, I'd probably want this really, really, really long book if I was going to be there for a while. But, not being very good at French, I'd probably settle for The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes.

4. One book that made you laugh:

How to Be Funny by Steve Allen. Don't read anything he writes on the Bible, but he's a hoot when it comes to comedy.

5. One book that made you cry:

The Law of Love by Tim Stafford, part of the River of Freedom Christian history triology, highly recommended.

6. One book you wish had been written:

Conformed: How to Become Fully and Irrevocably Christlike in One Short Month by the Apostles Paul and Peter

7. One book you wish had never been written:

The Qur'an

8. One book you're currently reading:

One book? Hah!

The Emerging Church: Vintage Christianity for New Generations by Dan Kimball
Institutes of the Christian Religion by John Calvin
Family Worship by Donald Whitney
Raising a Modern Day Knight by Robert Lewis

9. One book you've been meaning to read:

Getting Things DONE by David Allen. (Get it?)

10. Tag 5 others:

My bro, Dan Ledford, Josh Perry, Bill Kriner, and Dan Sullivan.

0 comments: