Friday, December 15, 2006

Resources for Being Single to the Glory of God

For single ladies, Carolyn McCulley's website, Solo Femininity, is a must read. Carolyn's book is excellent: Did I Kiss Marriage Goodbye? She also has a list of articles she has written on her website.

For guys, I recommend Alex Chediak's blog and the Rebelution blog of the Harris twins (which I talked about last month).

Alex's book With One Voice was a really good read and a lot of help to me as I prepared the message on singleness. Recommended.

On the topic of dating and physical boundaries for singles, check out these articles on Boundless.org:

Physical Intimacy and the Single Man by Matt Schmucker
Biblical Dating: An Introduction by Scott Croft
Get Married, Young Man by Alex Chediak

And, of course, I still recommend the book Boy Meets Girl: Say Hello to Courtship by Josh Harris

I was also helped a great deal on the theology of singleness by John Piper's chapter on it in Recovering Biblical Manhood and Womanhood (free pdf here) and Andreas Kostenberger's chapter on it in GOD, Marriage, and Family (see further discussion here on his website and summarized here on this website on the controversy about the gift of singleness and the so-called "marriage mandate"). I confess again to not having my mind fully convinced on these issues.


0 comments: