Tuesday, September 11, 2012

New Friend: Zeke Pipher

This Spring I e-met (meeting online?) a new friend, Zeke Pipher, an EFCA pastor, avid outdoorsman, and author of Man on the Run: Helping Hyper-Hobbied Men Recognize the Best Things in Life.

I read his book, it's really good--especially if you find yourself in the category of "hyper-hobbied"--loving the go-go-go of being a man but sometimes forgetting what is really important and trying to find a balance.  I'd love to get Zeke to come out to our Wild Game Dinner at Lanse Free some year.  I think he would really connect with the guys.

I've been enjoying his blog. Zeke has a way of shaking your shoulders to get your attention and then giving you life-giving grace in a few paragraphs.  I always want to run home and hug my kids and get dirty playing in the yard after reading his blog.  Highly recommended.

0 comments: