Thursday, October 11, 2012

JBC Vol. 26, No. 3

I'm rubbing my hands together right now because I just got to break open the latest copy of the Journal of Biblical Counseling from CCEF.

I'm not sure which article I'm looking forward to reading the most, but it's probably one of these two:


Living in a culture that gravitates toward sensationalism and exaggeration can create confusion as to what Christians should be aiming for in their walk of faith. Is an extreme makeover needed, or just a moderate one? David Powlison offers an altogether reasonable answer, and we trust that this issue of the JBC will contribute to the kind of makeover that God intends to do in the lives of our readers.
 
Ed Welch
“Are You Feeling Inadequate?” is a pastoral letter from Ed Welch to biblical counselors. Certain stock criticisms of biblical counseling occur and recur. Welch puts his finger on the key criticisms and offers clarifying answers. He encourages pastoral counselors and bids to improve the conversation with more clinically-oriented Christian counselors.

I'm sure there is a lot of wisdom to be had. Which just whets my appetite for the conference coming in less than 2 weeks!

0 comments: