Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Pastor Vaughn Roberts on Same-Sex Attraction

One thing I've said that has been helpful to those who come to me with questions about Christianity and homosexuality is that we are all sexually broken, but we aren't all celebrating it.

In this interview Pastor Vaughn Roberts talks about his battle with same sex attraction and how he doesn't let that define him:

Does the disclosure that same sex attraction is one of your personal battles mean you are defining yourself as a homosexual?
No, it doesn’t. . . . All of us are sinners, and sexual sinners. But, if we have turned to Christ, we are new creations, redeemed from slavery to sin through our union with Christ in his death and raised with him by the Spirit to a new life of holiness, while we wait for a glorious future in his presence when he returns.
These awesome realities define me and direct me to the kind of life I should live. In acknowledging that I know something of all eight battles covered in my book, therefore, I’m not making a revelation about my fundamental identity, other than that, like all Christians, I am a sinner saved by grace, called to live in the brokenness of a fallen world until Christ returns and brings all our battles to an end.
He says a lot more that is very helpful, too.  Read the whole thing.

[HT: JT]

0 comments: