Sunday, November 03, 2013

CLC Clergy Appreciation Breakfast

A month ago today, I had the privilege of speaking on Resisting Gossip at the CLC Clergy Appreciation Breakfast at True Light Fellowship in Philadelphia. Here are a few pictures from that event.

Since I was talking with church leaders, I focused on how important it is for  us to cultivate a gossip-resistant church.

The highlight for me was seeing my WTS/CCEF classmate Carmena Pyfrom and meeting her grandson Nathaniel. I wish that Heather could have been with us--someday she'll get to meet Carmena in person.  Carmena is a Bible teacher and chaplain for both a hospital and the police. She regularly does ride-alongs and roll-calls with Philly's finest.
The food was great, and it was actually prepared by the men of the host church. I wanted seconds! 
The other speaker that day was Eric Mason of Epiphany Fellowship in Philadelphia. He spoke about his excellent resource Manhood Restored: How the Gospel Makes Men Whole. A powerful speaker!
After we spoke, we had the opportunity to personalize and sign copies of our books.
What a privilege to share God's word!
 

0 comments: