Happy birthday to Hot Orthodoxy!
On April 14, 2005, we began with this inauspicious little post:
"Here we are. I guess we're blogging!"
And we were apparently off and running.
At first, Heather and I weren't sure whether or not it was a good thing to be so public. My first series of posts was "To Blog or Not to Blog," but eventually we agreed that it was a healthy and helpful outlet for me. I tried to set a pace of posting at least twice a week, though I wasn't always consistent in that. In 2013, I posted something every single day.
This week, I spent some time look over the over 2,000 posts in that ten year history, and I'm generally happy with what I found, including:
- Nearly 500 sermon manuscripts, the most visited being "Married to an Unbeliever" (surprisingly till ranked very highly on the Google search results for those words.)
- Over 100 book reviews of all kinds.
- Reflections on life as a homeschool dad, budding hunter, and happy husband.
- Chronicles of my doctoral work from 2008-2012.
- The recent and very popular addition of Heather's nature photography on Saturdays.
- My attempts to wrestle with the intersection of theology and life on big topics like homosexuality, Bible translation, living as a Christian online, and Christian prayer.
- And, of course, my journey of writing, publishing, and sharing Resisting Gossip with the world.
Looking back over the oldest articles, I detect some innocence that I've lost but also some naivete. My posts have moved away from some cuteness and cleverness, but I'm glad to see that I'm still passionate about the truth of the gospel of my Lord Jesus Christ.
Thanks are due to those who read this blog (Google stats show over 200,000 visits) and especially those who pray for me as I write. I'm also thankful for Eriksen Web Design for the snazzy blog template--so much better than the original blase look.
I'm grateful for how God has used this little blog and expectant for the next 10 years!
|The original vintage look for "Hot Orthodoxy."|