Saturday, April 16, 2005

To Blog Or Not to Blog #2

My wife (the wisest, wittiest, and most wonderful woman I know) and I had a great conversation yesterday about blogging. We seem to be on the same page about its dangers--the #1 being its uncontrolled nature. If the tongue is already untameable ["All kinds of animals, birds, reptiles and creatures of the sea are being tamed and have been tamed by man, but no man can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison." (James 3:7-8)], then this medium could simply release that restless evil into all kinds of uncontrolled directions.

The key, we agreed, was that love (and not the desire for self expression) must guide everything we write on a blog. And that's not easy to do when you are publishing to an unknown audience.

On the other hand, our great conversation, full of wisdom and direction-giving insight, came as result of blogging. So, it certainly can be used by God in good ways, too.

3 comments:

Amen. (Yes, I'm reading your blog page now!)

Your blog has made a positive impact on me. I am walking through a valley right now and your scripture-based insight has been a God-send (literally). I stumbled upon it and it was exactly what I needed to hear. (Specifically, submitting to an unbelieving husband, fooled scenario). God is using you! Thank you for your time and effort!

Anon,

Thank you.

That's a humbling and encouraging to hear.

The Lord bless you and keep you
The Lord make His face to shine upon you and give you grace.
The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.

-Pastor Matt