Saturday, May 04, 2013

40 Years Old, Post 2000

40 Years Old
Here's a milestone:

This is the 2,000th post published on Hot Orthodoxy landing on my 40th birthday.

I started this humble blog on April 14, 2005 as a place to broadcast my thoughts about heat (passion) and light (truth) wedded together in full-blooded Christianity.

Over the last 13 years, we've covered a lot of ground. Some weeks I haven't said much between Matt's Message posts. Others, I've sounded off again and again (hopefully in a helpful and loving way).  In 2011, I blogged through the experience of writing my doctoral project on the problem of gossip which is now in the process of being published as Resisting Gossip with CLC Publications in the Fall.

This year, I'm attempting to post something substantial on this blog every day. So far, so good (not that every post has been scintillating!).

My goal for each and every post at Hot Orthodoxy is to fulfill Ephesians 4:29. "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen."  My prayer is that you have benefited as I have opened my mouth and typed on this keyboard.

Thanks for reading and for celebrating these milestones with me.

0 comments: