Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Holy Sexuality

More resources from Christopher Yuan and his mother Angela at Revive Our Hearts.

Christopher says:
For so long, I saw myself solely as being a gay man. That was such a big part of who I was. I went to a gay club, I went to a gay gym, I went to a gay grocery story . . . everything. All my friends were gay.
And as I was reading Scripture, I realized I had put my identity in the wrong thing . . . that my identity is not gay, it’s not homosexual, it’s not even heterosexual, for that matter. But my identity as a child of God must be in Jesus Christ alone.
And:
Regardless of whether your temptations, your passions, your desires, your struggles change, God is calling us to live a life of obedience. God is calling us to live a life of holiness. So I realized that the opposite of homosexuality is not heterosexuality, but holiness.
Amen.

In the broadcast, he tells his story again. Very powerful, humble, inspiring, and true.

Read (or listen) to the whole thing.

0 comments: