Monday, May 13, 2013

Wisdom for After Your Book is Published

I am starting to get excited about the publication of Resisting Gossip this Fall (September 3 is the big day!).

We are in the final stages of editing, and tomorrow I get to meet with the marketing team at CLC Publications on Tuesday to talk about getting the word out. I hope to get to share the cover with you, too.

(By the way, if you want to get the latest information about the book, including a first peak at the cover, sign up for the Resisting Gossip Update email newsletter. More on that later.).

For the last few years, I've been collecting a file of articles to help me get ready for this next phase of life:

Letter to a Soon-To-Be-Published Author by Andy Crouch

When Your Book Takes Over Your Life: a Reality Check by Drew Dyck

On Finishing and Who Will Remember Me? by Tim Stafford

Now That the Book the Book Is Done... by John Koessler

I want to maintain the right perspectives. What wisdom would you offer to a new author?

0 comments: