Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Loving My Children: Embracing Biblical Motherhood by Katie Faris

Katie Faris has recently launched her first book, Loving My Children: Embracing Biblical Motherhood (paperback with a e-book version coming soon) with a corresponding Facebook page.

I've read it, and it's really good.

I'm not a mother, but I'm married to one and pastor a church full of them. Moms will definitely profit from reading this book.

Here's my short review and endorsement:
What do diapers, lullabies, laundry, and cleaning behind the baby's ears have to do with the gospel? Everything! In this gem of a book, our friend Katie Faris winsomely shares biblical wisdom on seeking the best for the children God has loaned us. Katie knows what she's talking about--we've seen her mothering in action--and she writes well. Sweet but not sentimental, direct but not demanding, Loving My Children helpfully connects the Bible's teaching on grace, sovereignty, and sanctification to the everyday hard work of being a mom. Heather and I highly recommend it.
In future days, I hope to offer a giveaway contest for a free book, but don't wait for that to get your copy. Buy one for you and for a young mom you love.

0 comments: