Monday, October 12, 2015

Coming Tomorrow: An Interview with Katie Faris about "Loving My Children."

Back in July, I told you about a new book by our friend Katie (pictured here with her husband Scott) called Loving My Children: Embracing Biblical Motherhood.

Tomorrow on the blog, I'll be posting an interview with Katie asking her about herself, how the book came to be, and what moms will will get out of reading it.

I'm particularly excited about this because Katie used to be a member of our church and is coming back for a visit on November 7th to speak to the ladies at our Fall Tea Party about "fruitful friendships" from Titus 2. If you're nearby, please plan to join them!

I'm not a mother, but I'm married to one and my church is full of them. I know it's a good book. Here is my brief review and endorsement again:
What do diapers, lullabies, laundry, and cleaning behind the baby's ears have to do with the gospel? Everything! In this gem of a book, our friend Katie Faris winsomely shares biblical wisdom on seeking the best for the children God has loaned us. Katie knows what she's talking about--we've seen her mothering in action--and she writes well. Sweet but not sentimental, direct but not demanding, Loving My Children helpfully connects the Bible's teaching on grace, sovereignty, and sanctification to the everyday hard work of being a mom. Heather and I highly recommend it.
Tune in tomorrow for more.


1 comments:

This interview has been postponed till a later date. Stay tuned.