Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I Don't Feel Like It

How often do I say that to myself?

I don't feel like...

Praying
Having that talk with that person
Thinking about that thing I've been avoiding
Doing that hard thing that's next on the agenda

Most of the time, the thing I should do next is the very thing I don't feel like doing, and the key is to get courage from the promises of God and "just do it" by faith.

This morning, I didn't "feel like" getting out of bed, but I swung out from the sheets and made some yummy pumpkin muffins for the family and woke up my wifey with a cup of steaming "Ring of Fire" coffee.

I didn't "feel like" feeding the fire this morning, but we're going to be warm today even though it's cold out there.

I didn't "feel like" getting on my knees and praying about my writing day, but I did, and I was blessed by reading/praying through The Spirit As Teacher in the Valley of Vision.  Thank you, Lord!

And I sure don't "feel like" really working hard on my project today. My goal for today is to write Chapter One: Introduction of my applied research project. I think it's do-able in a day because 1) it's mostly a revision of my proposal, 2) I have a clear outline for it my mind, and 3) I'm a writer (when I actually do it).

So, if you're praying for me today, pray for productivity and perseverance.

I once had a friend that never did anything he didn't "feel like," and eventually, it landed him in a big pot of yuck. I don't want to be like him. 

I want to be like Jesus who for the joy set before Him endure the Cross.  I'm sure He didn't "feel like it," but I'm so glad He did it.

0 comments: