Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Starting Today


The Teacher says, "Of making many books there is no end..." (Eccl. 12:12)

...but there does have to be a beginning.

Counting today, there are 331 days until December 1st.

December 1st is my "deadline" for turning in my Applied Research Project to Westminster Theological Seminary if I want to graduate in May of 2012.

If I'm going to do that, I need to get started.  Now.

Today is my first official "writing day" in 2011, and my modest goal is to

get started

- organizing all of my research into a coherent outline
- figuring out where the holes are in my research and argument
- reading the few remaining books for chapter 3 (historical precedents and current cultural conditions)
- transforming my proposal into chapter 1 (introduction)
- setting myself up to take the next step after this one
- praying over and through the work.

I've never done anything like this before.  The goal is a 200+ page project that includes a book tentatively titled, "Resisting Gossip."  That's a big elephant to swallow.  So, I have to do it piece by piece by piece.

And start now.

0 comments: