Wednesday, January 26, 2011

What's In the Bible?

Speaking of Muppets...

Q. What might you get if you crossed D.A. Carson and Jim Henson's Muppets?


Phil Vischer, the maker of VeggieTales, has come out an amazing resource for kids to understand both the contents and the Big Story of the Bible with tons of fun.

VeggieTales was just "okay" in my book, but What's in the Bible is great so far!

My wife leads the library team at church, and picked these DVDs up for the video rack.  She started watching them with our kids and kept telling me that I had to see them.  On Monday, she finally sat me down and showed me the episode on Judges and Ruth.  I was laughing out loud and loving the really good teaching.

This one is for adults and kids combined.  Adults will get a lot of the humor better than the kids, but not because it's "adult" in any wrong way.  It's just plain fun and smart and theological and biblical.

Home run, Mr. Vischer!

2 comments:

Hi Matt! I'm a publicist for the What's in the Bible series at Tyndale House Publishers. If you're interested, you can join our Tyndale Blog Network (http://bit.ly/TyndaleBN) because soon we'll be recruiting people like you to be a part of our What's in the Bible Street Team where you can review the next DVD for free and get other cool things. As a member of the blog network, you can also review other Tyndale products for free.

Check it out!
Christy
Tyndale House Publishers

Christy,

Thanks for telling me about this. I think I'll pass for now as I have to focus on my D.Min work, but I'll keep it in mind for the future.

Keep up the good work!

-Matt