Sunday, January 23, 2011

KJV 400

I preach from the New International Version of the Bible, but I highly respect the King James Version (KJV).  The KJV turns 400 this year.

I consult the KJV every week as I prepare my messages and love to point out the beauty of the language (as well as the strangeness to our modern ears) and especially when the translation is better than the NIV.

This interesting article by Leland Ryken, author of The Legacy of the King James Bible, expounds on 4 wonders of the KJV.

While those who think of the KJV as the only Bible or the best in all respects is misguided (I would refer them to D.A. Carson's careful plea for realism in that debate), I join them and all Bible-loving Christians everywhere who rejoice in and are thankful for the King James Version.

Happy Birthday, KJV!

0 comments: