Sunday, December 12, 2010

God's Glory in Salvation Through Judgment

Does the Bible have a unifying theme?

Professor and Pastor Jim Hamilton argues that the Bible can be summarized as "God's Glory in Salvation Through Judgment" (the title of his newest book).

I recently had the opportunity to listen to a short presentation he did on this thesis.  Very well done and thoughtful.  I'm not sure what all of the competing summaries are, but I found this one very compelling.

I've been helped by Hamilton before.  Back in 2008, when I was preaching on the Person and Work of the Holy Spirit, I was helped by his writings and by a personal email conversation with him.

Last year, I was both encouraged and edified by his presentation and arguments for the classic premillennial position with strong proponents of the other major views.

Now, I'm listening to his series on the book of Revelation.  The sermon on Revelation 20 was really good.  (I listened to that out of order when I was working through some eschatology last year).

Thanks, Dr. Hamilton for your careful scholarship and Christlike demeanor!

0 comments: