Tuesday, July 10, 2018

"Divine Rendezvous" by John Crocker (Book Review)

A couple of years ago, I was introduced by a mutual friend to a retired pastor who had written a manuscript about the prayer pattern Jesus taught His disciples which we tend to call the Lord's Prayer. John Crocker was looking for feedback on his work and help in navigating the publishing world.

So I got to read a pre-publishing version of his book and use it as the basis for an in-depth study on Wednesday nights in with our prayer meeting group. It was really good, and I was able to offer this endorsement:
In Divine Rendezvous, veteran pastor John Crocker takes readers on a guided tour of the most important prayer in history. Reading it was nourishing for my soul. Crocker helped me to push past over-familiarity and see profound things in the Lord's Prayer that I had always missed before. I recommend this book for both new believers and mature disciples to learn how to pray as Jesus taught us.
Today, I get to hold the finished product in my hand! Thank you, John, for sending it my way. Congratulations on its publication!

They are also available on Amazon. You might want to pick one up to read it this summer. It's good for your soul.

0 comments: