Thursday, May 04, 2006

33

Today is my birthday and it's been a busy one full of ministry--not much time for rest or celebration. (We've got a lot to do before our vacation starts on Monday.)

But I have had some time for reflection and for thankfulness. I have a LOT to be thankful for! My greatest blessing is my relationship with God through Jesus Christ. After that, I am most thankful for the beautiful (inside & out) wife that He has given me, my terrific kids, and loving church family.

I'm especially thankful this year for the expanded level of usefulness that I've experienced in gospel partnerships and pastoral friendships in the last year or so. I have recently said it this way that if pastoring is "a craft," I'm beginning to feel like a productive member of "the guild."

All praise belongs to the Chief Shepherd for all 33 years of His faithfulness to me!

1 comments:

Happy Birthday from your fellow member of the "Mutual Admiration Society." Have a great vacation from pastoral duties where you might fully embrace family and husband duties, etc.