Friday, September 01, 2006

Don Music Writes Sermons

When I was a boy, my Mom used to tease me that I acted like Don Music from Sesame Street [Here's a video of him in action.]

If I didnt' get it right the first time, I'd felt that "I'll never get it. Never get it. Never get it!" (Mostly without the head-banging.)

Well, now, it's "Pastor Don Music" writing sermons. And I'm trying to formulate my plan for a Fall series on the Christian family.

My perfectionistic problem this time is that I have too many desires for this series. I want so much for our families and the families of our community, that I can't figure out how to limit this series to 12 or 13 weeks. And I can't even decide on where to begin.

So, if you'd be willing to pray for me, I'd appreciate it. Because I need to make some real decisions today-ish. Thanks.

[Maybe I need a new role model?]

0 comments: