Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Matt Mitchell - Backyard Lumberjack

If you are one of the (thousands?) of folks who had never conceived of me, Matt Mitchell, running a chain-saw, buying lumber, feeding a furnace in sub-zero temperatures, don't worry you are not alone--I couldn't see it either!

But it is me, now, and I think I'm enjoying it.

One thing that's helped me a great deal is this favorite Christmas present for 2008 from my wife:



It's a delightful little book, fully illustrated, funny, careful, wood-wise, and helpful by a father/son team. The father is a pastor, the son is a writer and "urban lumberjack."

While I was surprised at how much I already knew, this book makes me feel like I'm barking up the right tree.

And just this week, I received my own Peavey in the mail:


And if you don't know what that is for, then you might want to read the book yourself...

0 comments: