Thursday, May 13, 2010

Pomplamoose (Musical Grapefruit)

Okay, Art-Friends, this is a new musical group to check out.

You may have already heard of Pomplamoose (which means "Grapefruit" in French) as they've been around for 2 years and have hundreds of thousands of youtube fans, but I hadn't until this week.

Pomplamoose is Jack Conte and Nataly Dawn, two multi-talented & multi-instrumented musicians.

They collaborate on a variety of music.  My favorite, so far, are their "video songs" which are a new medium with 2 rules:
"1. What you see is what you hear (no lip-syncing for instruments or voice).
2. If you hear it, at some point you see it (no hidden sounds)."

They cover a lot of songs by different artists (NOTE:  Be discerning in what you listen to and watch. They are not a "Christian" band.), but my favorite is an original song by them: 
"If You Think You Need Some Lovin'"   

Enjoy.  (Ignore the silliness at the end, unless you're into that sort of thing.)

2 comments:

I continue to find more that we have in common. I love this kind of quirky stuff. I found the same group about two months ago!

Great minds think a like!

(And strangely enough, so do ours.)