Saturday, May 28, 2011

Difficultor

I have a super power.

I have the ability to make something that is relatively easy and simple into something hopelessly complex and difficult.

My wife agrees with me.  "You sure do!" she said today at lunch.  "You are a super-hero! You're MY super-hero!"  Thanks, Honey.

Of course, it's more like an evil super-villain.  I think I'll call myself, "Difficultor!"  With my powers of complexitation and obscurantism, I leave mass destruction in my wake.

Yes, I'm talking about sermon-writing.

Pray for me today as I try to re-simplify what I already know to be simple to share with the people of God tomorrow--something helpful and edifying.

The promise from God's word that I'm clinging to today is even more super:

"His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.  Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires."  2 Peter 1:3-4

0 comments: