Monday, July 01, 2013

Jennifer Petoske on Resisting Gossip

My friend, Jen Petoske, tells a little bit of her story:

"When I was four years old, I gave my heart to Jesus. I remember it very vividly because I no longer lived in fear. I grew up going to church, but my faith became real when I was 13 and bullied at school. I knew I either had to choose to follow Christ and let Him fight my battles or turn the other way. I chose the better and chose Christ, and I haven't turned back since.

I attended Moody Bible Institute where I met my husband of 19 years. We have two sons, 14 and 12. We spent the first 17 years of our marriage in Chicago, ministering to youth while working full-time jobs. In 1998, my husband went on staff with Young Life. In 2011, we moved our family to Ansbach, Germany where we still minister to youth at Club Beyond, an outreach to US military teens. While the military is a little different than Chicago, kids are kids and need Jesus. We love meeting new kids and introducing to the Life-Giver, Jesus Christ! We love doing this as a family and know that this is a family mission, not just Dad's job.

One of the great things about living overseas is traveling, and we have certainly had our fair share of travel. History is very alive here in Europe, and we are grateful to have been able to visit some pretty amazing sites. At the end of the day, though, our passion is for kids and their families to know Jesus and for our own family to be a light in this dark world."

Jen read Resisting Gossip as a Critical Reader during the developmental stage, and I am happy to have received her endorsement:
“Resisting Gossip is a book that offers a good balance between Scripture and peoples’ personal testimonies and stories. It is helpful to be able to identify with real people who are normal, have good walks with the Lord, and can still fall into the sin of gossip.  One of the biggest lies of the enemy is that we cannot live a victorious Christian life. This book is so hopeful, not just in the area of gossip, but about anything that we have stuck in our lives that keep us from living a victorious walk with the Lord.” – Jennifer Petoske

***

Subscribe to the "Resisting Gossip Update" Email Newsletter.

Pre-order Resisting Gossip on Amazon today.

0 comments: