Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Honoring God in a "Spiritually Single" Marriage

The all-time most popular post on this blog is, surprisingly, Married to an Unbeliever a message from 2006 in a sermon series on the family. It has been viewed over a 1,000 times (which is a lot for this modest blog) and appears in the top 10 results in Google for the search "married to an unbeliever."

I say "surprisingly," because it's "just" a sermon I wrote for our church, and yet it seems like it's been helpful for a larger group (at least they have clicked on it a lot--I guess it's debatable how many people have been helped {smile}).

Last week, I read a very good short article by Sarah Flashing at the Gospel Coalition Blog called Honoring God in an Unequally Yoked Marriage, and it made me think about my earlier post.

My heart goes out to "spiritually single" Christians, especially those who are trying to raise children in formative years. Pastors and church leaders need to keep our eyes and ears open for how we can minister, creatively, flexibly, compassionately, and wisely to men and women who are married but walking with Christ alone.

0 comments: