Monday, September 15, 2014

Lesson #1. "What, Exactly, Is Gossip?"

I'm pleased to present Lesson #1 of the Resisting Gossip Teaching Series.


Resisting Gossip Teaching Series: Lesson 1 from Third Brother Films on Vimeo.

Introduction

The first rule of war is to know your enemy. Before we can resist gossip, we must recognize it, but that’s not as easy to do as it may sound. Join Pastor Matt Mitchell as he teaches a biblical and practical definition of sinful gossip.

On Location

We filmed this first video in my office at church. You get a peak into my little world of books and ideas where I do a lot of my research and writing. There's a shot (00:58) of the quote by Erasmus which Heather illustrated and I have prominently displayed: "When I get a little money I buy books. If any is left I buy food or clothes." There is also a shot of our wedding picture. In this video, the music stand makes its debut--and shows up in some of the most unlikely places throughout the series.

Please Share

Don't forget that these ten videos are all free for streaming, downloading, and sharing. Please pass them on to whomever you think will profit from them. Each film is specifically designed to be used in conjunction with a chapter in Resisting Gossip and a lesson from the new companion book Resisting Gossip Together which comes out on October 7th.

Tomorrow, we'll release lesson #2: "Why Do We Gossip?"


0 comments: