Tuesday, April 14, 2015

10 Years of Blogging

Happy birthday to Hot Orthodoxy! 

On April 14, 2005, we began with this inauspicious little post:
"Here we are. I guess we're blogging!"
And we were apparently off and running.

My second post explained my title (and so did a bunch of others along the way).

At first, Heather and I weren't sure whether or not it was a good thing to be so public. My first series of posts was "To Blog or Not to Blog," but eventually we agreed that it was a healthy and helpful outlet for me. I tried to set a pace of posting at least twice a week, though I wasn't always consistent in that. In 2013, I posted something every single day.

This week, I spent some time look over the over 2,000 posts in that ten year history, and I'm generally happy with what I found, including:

Looking back over the oldest articles, I detect some innocence that I've lost but also some naivete. My posts have moved away from some cuteness and cleverness, but I'm glad to see that I'm still passionate about the truth of the gospel of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Thanks are due to those who read this blog (Google stats show over 200,000 visits) and especially those who pray for me as I write. I'm also thankful for Eriksen Web Design for the snazzy blog template--so much better than the original blase look.

I'm grateful for how God has used this little blog and expectant for the next 10 years!

The original vintage look for "Hot Orthodoxy."

0 comments: