Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Gossip Game #2 - Excuses & Opening Lines

Okay, let's play our second game.

This time, I'm looking for the common excuses we make or have heard for sharing what we know to be gossip and/or the things we often say before we indulge.

For example:

Excuses:
"We need to pray for so and so because..."
"I'd say this to his face, so it's okay to tell you..."

Opening Lines:

"I shouldn't be saying this, but..."
"It's none of my business, but..."

Get the idea?

My goal is 20 of these in the next week.

Thanks for playing!

4 comments:

Opening Lines:

"Did you hear what so and so did?"
or along the same lines "Did you hear what happened to so and so?"

"Did you read about the latest Lindsay Lohan scandal?"

"Can you keep a secret?"

"Don't feel bad, so and so just did the same thing..."

"You've got it all wrong, that's not what I heard..." or "You've got it all wrong, what really happened is..."

Excuses:
"They are a celebrity so it's okay to talk about them--they asked for it, or it's public domain..."

So and so told me not to tell anyone...So don't tell them I told you...

I'm not suppose to say anything but...


Don't tell so and so I told you this but...

Laurel & Curt,

Good ones!

Thanks for playing along.

-Matt