Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Amazon Review of "Resisting Gossip" by D.Catanzaro

Thankful for this Amazon Review by my friend D.Catanzaro:

This is a well-written book about a topic not often addressed. Here are some reasons why I liked it:

1. This is not just a "Don't do this, don't do that" book. The author gives practical, positive, spiritual advice on not only avoiding gossiping, but what to do if you become a victim of gossip.

2. I saw myself in the book (hate to admit it). He identifies 5 different common types of gossipers. I would have to say I am most like "the Grumbler" ( now don't go around telling other people that). I bet you will find yourself as at least one of them. If not, congratulations.

3. The book is well-organized making it easy to read and understand (although the topic is not "easy").

4. The author is not afraid to share his own personal experiences and has humbly opened himself to the reader. He also relates stories ( confidentially) of how gossip can negatively affect someone and be hurtful. But he finds ways to keep the book positive.

5. His motto is, "The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing, and the main thing is the gospel of Jesus Christ." This comes across clearly throughout the book.

Even if you don't think gossip is a concern in your life, I still suggest reading it. You will find yourself in the book. I believe you will find it interesting, important, and practical.

***

Have you read Resisting Gossip? Leave your own review at Amazon.

0 comments: