Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Mini-Sabbatical - Prayer Requests for Week 3

Thank you so much for praying for me during my mini-sabbatical!

The 2nd week went very well. I cleaned out all of the files that have been laying and lurking around my office.

I actually threw away more than a 30 gallon trash-can full of paper! I'm feeling a little less bogged down, that's for sure.

I'm hoping to post pictures of my office clean-up project (before and after) this week.

And I've also been home every evening, enjoyed my family attended a wedding without having to rush home to the sermon, and a lot of other restful sorts of stuff!

Here are my prayer requests for week #3--coming down the homestretch.

#1. Awareness of the Holy Spirit's work in and through me.

#2. This is "optimize the computer" week. I have more than 5,000 emails that I want to delete (I'm actually not sure how many there are that need to go, at least 5,000). My computer has slowed down to a crawl, too, and I need to figure out how to get it back up to speed. My motto this week is: "Clean It Up, Back It Up, Speed It Up!"

#3. And if I get that done, I'd like to start 8 different "writing projects" that I've been wanting to do (like planning the Fall sermon series). If I could get 1 hour on each one, I'd have made a lot of progress.

#4. Please also pray for the development of priorities for AFTER my mini-sabbatical. I'm sure that transitioning back into full-tilt work will have it's difficulties.

0 comments: