Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A Big Writing Day

Today is a big day.

I am finishing the manuscript of Resisting Gossip to turn in to my editor at CLC Publications!

Only 3 items remain on my checklist until I can press "send," and I hope to have them all done by the day's end.

I know that there are many more steps to take to get to holding a finished book in my hand, but this feels like a significant one. I've been working on this book for at least 3 years. It's gone through several revisions, been read by an international team of 25 critical readers, passed a doctoral committee and a professional proofreader.  Now, it's going to a managing editor who will help me to take it to the next level and get it into the hands of readers. That's exciting!

One of the best things about it is that I still like the book. As I've spent the last few weeks with the manuscript, I've got to read it again carefully, and thankfully, I have been very happy with its content. I feel that the Lord has blessed me with a measure of biblical wisdom that could be genuinely helpful to people. (I even believe that my goal of getting into the nitty-gritty and not be namby pamby has been met.)

Thank you, anyone who reads this who has been praying for me. I haven't enjoyed every minute, but it has been an adventure that I am glad to be on. And I'm excited to see where the Lord leads us on this journey.

Ok, I'll get back to writing...

0 comments: