Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Leftist Lesbian Turned Christian

My Train Wreck Conversion by Rosaria Champagne Butterfield begins:
The word Jesus stuck in my throat like an elephant tusk; no matter how hard I choked, I couldn't hack it out. Those who professed the name commanded my pity and wrath. As a university professor, I tired of students who seemed to believe that "knowing Jesus" meant knowing little else. Christians in particular were bad readers, always seizing opportunities to insert a Bible verse into a conversation with the same point as a punctuation mark: to end it rather than deepen it.
Stupid. Pointless. Menacing. That's what I thought of Christians and their god Jesus, who in paintings looked as powerful as a Breck Shampoo commercial model.

Then she was shown Christian love by a couple who became her true friends and eventually she came to Christ and found her true identity in Him. Now, she is a pastors' wife and has written out her story in The Secret Thoughts of an Unlikely Convert.

0 comments: