Friday, February 15, 2013

Your Help Needed: Email Newsletters

Dear blog-reading friends,

Thanks for your advice about Social Media. I'm growing my connections at LinkedIn and getting my feet wet with GoodReads. I haven't tackled Twitter yet. Anyone out there want to convince me?

My next set of questions is about Email Newsletters:

- What services do you recommend for sending a email newsletter?  Does anybody use Constant Contact or Mail Chimp?  (With a name like "Mail Chimp" it needs to be good!)

-  What do you like or not like about email newsletters?

-  If there was a "Resisting Gossip" mailing list that you could opt-in and opt-out of, would you subscribe? Why or why not?

-  If there was a "Hot Orthodoxy" mailing list that you could opt-in and opt-out of, would you subscribe? Why or why not?

-  If I sent out a newsletter to you, what kind of content would you like in it?

-  What am I forgetting?  What kinds of questions about email newsletters am I not asking?

Thanks, in advance, for your counsel.


Perfume and incense bring joy to the heart, and the pleasantness of one's friend springs from his earnest counsel. (Proverbs 27:9)



0 comments: