Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Jani Ortlund and "Resisting Gossip"

Jani Ortlund is the wife of Pastor Ray Ortlund of Immanuel Church in Nashville, author of Fearlessly Feminine and His Loving Law, Our Lasting Legacy, and a speaker with Renewal Ministries.

Today, in a video posted on her husband's blog, she reminded other pastors' wives of how to love others and trust God when their husbands are the objects of slanderous gossip.  I think it was part of a series of invitations to a conference for ministry wives called "Defined by God."

Mrs. Ortlund generously donated her time to serving as a critical reader in the developmental stage of Resisting Gossip, and I was so encouraged to receiver her endorsement:

Matthew Mitchell’s book on resisting gossip helped me greatly, and the timing was perfect. I want to thank him for his wise and godly counsel, straight from our Father’s heart. I can hear the author’s voice, and it doesn’t beat me up. It challenges and exhorts, but shows me we are in this together for much good.” – Jani Ortlund

0 comments: