Tuesday, September 03, 2013

I Wept When I Read the Foreword to "Resisting Gossip"

When Ed Welch agreed to write the foreword for Resisting Gossip, I was overjoyed.

Ed is is a man whom I highly respect, whom God had mightily used in my life through his books and teaching, and who had suggested that I write the book in the first place. And he was willing to introduce me and the book to readers. That is so cool!

And then I read what he had to say about me and about the book.

(Have you read the foreword yet? Pgs. 11-14.)

And I wept.

And I called Heather on the phone and read it to her and wept again.

Here's why: Ed said with strong affirmation what I aspire to be as a pastor what I had hoped for the book to be.

I want everything he says about me to be true (I'm not there yet, but I hope I'm going in the right direction!). And I'm glad for what he says the book does because it's exactly what I was trying to accomplish by writing it.

Thank you, Ed, for your gracious, encouraging, joy-giving words.

And praise God from Whom all blessings flow!


***

Resisting Gossip is officially released today.

0 comments: